Blind and Severe Visual Impairments
Screen reading for all aspects of computer use may be the main access technology used, and it is important to remember navigational control may be by the keyboard rather than the mouse. Alternative information is required where multimedia, such as images, animation or videos are offered. Links to other areas need to have good labels and make sense when divorced from their web page. Layout, tables and forms also need to remain readable when the framework for the website is removed such as a style sheet. Further advice from WebAim.
These tests contribute towards accessibility scores for this disability.
- Login, Signup and Other Forms
- Image ALT Attributes and Text Alternative
- Link Target Definitions
- Logical Page Structure and Order
- Removal of Styles
- Audio/Video Features
- Video/animations - audio descriptions
- Appropriate use of Tables
- Tab Order Correct and Logical
- Page Functionality with Keyboard and Touch Screen
- Accessibility of Text Editors
- Appropriate Feedback
Top Ten Products
These products scored highest in the Relevant Tests for this disability.
|96%||Blio 3.3 for iPad (iOS 5 and 6)|
|95%||iBooks 2.1.1 for iPad 1 (iOS 5.1.1)|
|89%||Microsoft OneDrive (was Live SkyDrive)|